Circus, dance and live projections. For children and their adults.
On the beach the man hesitates and dithers – he is afraid of water. Yet the woman who was beside him a split-second ago has just dived among the folds of the waves…
Overcoming his fear, he plunges in and dances with the storm, discovering what is under the surface: a new world teeming with wild fish, juggling mermaids and dark creatures in the abyss. It is a dangerous and marvellous place where love and courage collide in an acrobatic dance.
A magical journey, Dare to Sea is a Franco-British collaboration bringing together dancers, circus and visual artists. The aquatic world is conjured through hand-made animated projections; waves are created through an original score and objects such as juggling clubs become fish darting through the water. Dive in to indulge yourself in a magical and moving adventure of waves, acrobatics and magnificent images.
Suitable for ages 3+
- Directors: Daphna Attias & Gaëlle Bisellach
- Artists: Maya Politaki, Clara Solana, Gaëlle Cathelineau, Colin Jolet
- Live visuals: Franck Française
- Scenography: Delirium Lumens
- Lighting Design: Jackie Shemesh
- Music: Yaniv Fridel
- Costumes: Julie Deljéhier
This production is no longer touring. You can view an archive of Dare to Sea's performance history below, and see the What's On page for other productions which may be touring now.
- Mediatheque, Hulon, Israel
- Le Rexy, Riom, France
- L’Amphithéâtre, Pont De Claix, France
- Cirque Jules Verne, Amiens, France
- Billom, Billom, France
- Théâtre d’Aurillac, Aurillac, France
- The North Wall, Oxford, UK
- artsdepot, London, UK
- Jackson’s Lane, London, UK
- The Lighthouse, Poole, UK
Presented by Peut-Être Theatre & La Manœuvre.
We would like to thank: Lighthouse, Poole, Jackson’s Lane, PASS, Arts Council, CSM.